Hancock County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Hancock County Courthouse
50 State Street
Ellsworth, ME 04605
Town Clerks have birth, marriage and death records.
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and court records.
Probate Office has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records.
County Clerk has marriage records 1789-1891. 
Places / Localities
City • Ellsworth
Unorganized territories. For further details see Maine townships.
- Central Hancock: Fletchers Landing
- Eagle Island
- East Hancock:
- Township 3 North Division and Strip North
- Township 4 North Division and Strip North (a.k.a. Oqiton Township)
- Township 7 South Division
- Township 9 South Division
- Township 10 South Division
- Township 16 Middle Division
- Township 22 Middle Division
- Township 28 Middle Division
- Township 34 Middle Division
- Township 35 Middle Division
- Township 39 Middle Division
- Township 40 Middle Division
- Township 41 Middle Division
- Northwest Hancock: Township 32 Middle Division
Communities • Bar Harbor • Bucksport
Villages • Bass Harbor • Islesford • Minturn • Northeast Harbor
Indian Reservation • Penobscot Indian Island Reservation
Extinct towns • Seaville
Libraries, Archives, Museums
"Inspiring New Learning About the Wabanaki Nations with Every Visit"
26 Mount Desert Street
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609
Abbe at Sieur de Monts Spring
Acadia National Park
Family history Centers
Societies - Genealogical, Historical, Lineage
- The Hancock County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Hancock County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Hancock County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Hancock County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hancock County, Maine page 304, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 99. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.