Hancock County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:01, 8 September 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
50 State Street, Suite 7
Ellsworth, Maine 04605
Created 25 June 1789 from Lincoln County
- Two partitions:
- Penobscot 15 February 1816
- Waldo 7 February 1827
Places / Localities
- City: Ellsworth
- Towns: Amherst | Aurora | Bar Harbor | Blue Hill | Brooklin | Brooksville | Bucksport | Castine | Cranberry Isles | Dedham | Deer Isle | Eastbrook | Hancock | Frenchboro | Gouldsboro | Great Pond | Hancock | Lamoine | Mariaville | Mount Desert | Orland | Osborn | Otis | Penobscot | Sedgwick | Sorrento | Southwest Harbor | Stonington | Sullivan | Surry | Swan's Island | Tremont | Trenton | Verona Island | Waltham | Winter Harbor
- Unorganized Territories: Central Hancock | East Hancock | Northwest Hancock
- Communities: Bar Harbor | Bucksport
- Villages: Bass Harbor | Islesford | Minturn | Northeast Harbor
Societies and Libraries
- The Hancock County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Hancock County
- Family History Library Catalog
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More