Hancock County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:01, 8 September 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
50 State Street, Suite 7
Ellsworth, Maine 04605
Created 25 June 1789 from Lincoln County
- Two partitions:
- Penobscot 15 February 1816
- Waldo 7 February 1827
Places / Localities
- City: Ellsworth
- Towns: Amherst | Aurora | Bar Harbor | Blue Hill | Brooklin | Brooksville | Bucksport | Castine | Cranberry Isles | Dedham | Deer Isle | Eastbrook | Hancock | Frenchboro | Gouldsboro | Great Pond | Hancock | Lamoine | Mariaville | Mount Desert | Orland | Osborn | Otis | Penobscot | Sedgwick | Sorrento | Southwest Harbor | Stonington | Sullivan | Surry | Swan's Island | Tremont | Trenton | Verona Island | Waltham | Winter Harbor
- Unorganized Territories: Central Hancock | East Hancock | Northwest Hancock
- Communities: Bar Harbor | Bucksport
- Villages: Bass Harbor | Islesford | Minturn | Northeast Harbor
Societies and Libraries
- The Hancock County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Hancock County
- Family History Library Catalog
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News