Hancock County, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 05:05, 12 September 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
50 State Street, Suite 7
Ellsworth, Maine 04605
Created 25 June 1789 from Lincoln County
- Two partitions:
- Penobscot 15 February 1816
- Waldo 7 February 1827
Places / Localities
- City: Ellsworth
- Towns: Amherst . Aurora . Bar Harbor . Blue Hill . Brooklin . Brooksville . Bucksport . Castine . Cranberry Isles . Dedham . Deer Isle . Eastbrook . Hancock . Frenchboro . Gouldsboro . Great Pond . Hancock . Lamoine . Mariaville . Mount Desert . Orland . Osborn . Otis . Penobscot . Sedgwick . Sorrento . Southwest Harbor . Stonington . Sullivan . Surry . Swan's Island . Tremont . Trenton . Verona Island . Waltham . Winter Harbor
- Unorganized territories: Central Hancock . East Hancock . Northwest Hancock
- Communities: Bar Harbor . Bucksport
- Villages: Bass Harbor . Islesford . Minturn . Northeast Harbor
Societies and Libraries
- The Hancock County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Hancock County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Hancock County