Hancock County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Hancock County; 150 Main St; BAY St. Louis, MS 39520; Ph. 2128.467.5404 Details: (Clk Cir Ct has m & ct rec; Clk Chan Ct has div, pro & land rec
1812--Hancock County was created 18 December 1812 from the Mobile District.
County seat: Bay St. Louis 
1863--Some records were lost.
- Turtleskin Cemetery, Picayune BillionGraves. Has unusual layout, extremely narrow lot but quite long.
- Bayou Cove Cemetery, Kiln BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Hancock County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Bay St. Louis
- Civil War service men from Hancock County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Hancock County.
- - 3rd Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company F - Shieldsboro Rifles
- Company G - Gainesville Volunteers
- - 17th Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company B - Poitevent’s Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News