Hancock County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1812--Hancock County was created 18 December 1812 from the Mobile District. County seat: Bay St. Louis 
1863--Some records were lost.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Bay St. Louis
- Civil War service men from Hancock County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Hancock County.
- - 3rd Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company F - Shieldsboro Rifles
- Company G - Gainesville Volunteers
- - 17th Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company B - Poitevent’s Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog