Hancock County, OhioEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Hancock County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||April 1, 1820|
|Address|| Hancock County Courthouse|
300 S. Main St.
Findlay, Ohio 45840
Hancock County Website
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Logan, Delaware, and Wood Counties 12 February 1820.
- County Seat: Findlay
- Neighboring Counties: Hancock County, Ohio residents may also have records in Wood (north) · Hardin (south) · Wyandot (southeast) · Seneca (northeast) · Allen and Putnam (west)
See an interactive map of Hancock County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- A Centennial Biographical History of Hancock County, Ohio (published 1903) includes many biographies of people living in Hancock County.
Land and Property
- Civil War service men from Hancock County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Hancock County.
- -99th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies D and G
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hancock County, Ohio. Page 542 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Hancock County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hancock_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).