Hancock County, West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Hancock County West Virginia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Hancock County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
|County Seat||New Cumberland|
Hancock County Courthouse
P O Box 367
New Cumberland, WV 26047
- County Clerk has birth, marriage, death probate and land records from 1848
- Clerk Circuit Clerk has divorce records
See an interactive map of Hancock County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Beaver County, Pennsylvania
- Columbiana County, Ohio
- Jefferson County, Ohio
- Washington County, Pennsylvania
For tips on accessing Hancock County, West Virginia census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
- - 1st Regiment, West Virginia Infantry. Company I.
Hancock County, West Virginia Wills 1853-1917
- West Virginia Vital Records - Birth - Death - Marriages. See also How to order West Virginia Vital Records or order electronically online.. Includes marriages 1854-1873, 1880-1971 - free.
Societies and Libraries
Tri-State Genealogical and Historical Society
P O Box 454
Newell, West Virginia 26050-0454
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hancock County, West Virginia. Page 743 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This West Virginia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback