Handwriting: Online helps for reading Old English HandwritingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Access online tutorials and helps for reading the handwriting in old English records at the following web sites:
- England & Wales Handwriting 1500 to 1800 (click on links on upper left side of page)
- English Handwriting 1500-1700
- Scottish handwriting in 16th-18th century documents
- Latin (click on the link at bottom of page)
- English, German, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese (the non-English tutorials are presented in both English and in the native language)
Other web sites can be found by going to Cyndi's List - Handwriting & Script or by doing a search on Google for terms such as handwriting, paleography, or Old English with the term England.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More