Hardin County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Hardin County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Hardin County Courthouse|
One Courthouse Square
Kenton, Ohio 43326
Hardin County Webstie
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Logan and Delaware Counties 12 February 1820.
- County Seat: Kenton
- Neighboring Counties: Hardin County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Hancock (north) · Logan and Union (south) · Wyandot (northeast) · Marion (east) · Allen and Auglaize(west)
See an interactive map of Hardin County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Civil War service men from Hardin County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Hardin County.
- - 4th Regiment, Ohio Infantry (3 months, 1861), Companies D and G
Naturalization and Citizenship
Hardin County Courthouse
Kenton, OH 43326
Clerk Court has divorce and court records from 1864;
County Health Department has birth and death records;
Probate Court has marriage, death and probate records
Recorder has land records
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Hardin County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardin_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).