Harnett County, North Carolina Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
==== Church ====
==== Court ====
==== Court ====
Revision as of 22:53, 2 April 2012
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Harnett County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||February 7, 1855|
Harnett County North Carolina
729 S Main Street P O Box 279
Lillington, NC 27546
Reg of deeds has b, m, d & land rec
Clk Sup Ct has div, pro & ct rec from 1920
rec from 1855-1920 were destroyed in a fire
1892, 1894--Courthouse fires destroyed court records and many of the land records.
- Harnett Cemeteries Database - online database from the Harnett public library. Change "database type" to "Obituary." Includes approximately 20 years of burial information, including some obituaries.
- Harnett County Cemteries - NCGenWeb
- Harnett County Cemteries - NCGenWeb Archives
- Find-A-Grave: Harnett County Cemeteries
For tips on accessing Harnett County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Search Birth, Marriage & Death certificates at the Harnett County Register of Deeds website. Uncertified copies can be ordered for a fee (see website for details).
- Campbell University: 1912-2009
- Harnett county students at North Carolina colleges - a list from the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index