Harney County, Oregon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Harney County, Oregon|
Location in the state of Oregon
Location of Oregon in the U.S.
|Founded||February 23, 1889|
|Named for: Gen. William Shelby Harney|
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Harney County Court House as of July 2008.
Harney County Court is structured differently. Check the County Records Inventory link for addresses for location of records (left column).
- Record Loss:
Historical FactsNamed for Brig. Gen. William S. Harney of U.S. Army, who was involved in "Pig War" and popular in the Pacific Northwest.
No parts were taken to create any county.
Places / Localities
Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages. Exception to this are Post Offices. > Trivia Tidbits
Archives and Libraries
- 1870, part of Grant County. Entire area that later formed Harney County was not enumerated.
- 1880, part of Grant County. Entire area that later formed Harney County was not enumerated.
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Rivers and Waterways
Details about the rivers and waterways where farms and settlements are often found along them. >> Rivers and Waterways
Many early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies, Libraries, Museums
Family History Centers
- The Harney County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project (backup site)