Harney County, Oregon GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Burns, OR 97720-1533
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Harney County Court House as of October 2003.
- Record Loss:
- Named for Brig. Gen. William S. Harney of U.S. Army, who was involved in "Pig War" and popular in the Pacific Northwest.
No parts were taken to create any county.
Places / Localities
Burns | Hines
Andrews | Buchanan | Crane | Diamond | Drewsey | Dunnean | Fields | Frenchglen | Frost Mill | Harney | Indian Village | Lawen | Narrows | New Princeton | Princeton | Riley | Suntex | Trout Creek | Van | Venator | Voltage | Wagontire
- 1870, part of Grant County. Entire area that later formed Harney County was not enumerated.
- 1880, part of Grant County. Entire area that later formed Harney County was not enumerated.
Church History and Records
Societies and Libraries
- The Harney County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Harney County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Harney County (mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Harney County.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].