Harney County, OregonEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Harney County, Oregon|
Location in the state of Oregon
Location of Oregon in the U.S.
|Founded||February 23, 1889|
|Named for: Gen. William Shelby Harney|
Harney County Courthouse
450 N Buena Vista Avenue
Burns, OR 97720-1533
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Harney County Court House as of October 2003.
- Record Loss:
Quick FactsNamed for Brig. Gen. William S. Harney of U.S. Army, who was involved in "Pig War" and popular in the Pacific Northwest.
No parts were taken to create any county.
Places / Localities
The preceding list of places includes incorporated cities and towns, unincorporated towns and communities, and place names that may have been used in family histories. Some have well-organized records and even have web sites. Some are simply social communities with no official records, but which may be referenced in small-town newspapers. The list is provided to help researchers identify localities within the county. As records or histories of these localities are identified, a page will be added for each of these place names.
Archives and Libraries
- 1870, part of Grant County. Entire area that later formed Harney County was not enumerated.
- 1880, part of Grant County. Entire area that later formed Harney County was not enumerated.
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Many early marriages are listed on the Western States Marriage Index.
Societies, Libraries, Museums
- The Harney County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project (backup site)
|This Oregon-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More