Harrison County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Harrison County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Harrison County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||October 11, 1808|
|Address|| Harrison County Courthouse|
300 N Capitol Ave
Corydon, IN 47112-1139
- Cemeteries for Harrison County - Linkpendium
- Location of Harrison County Cemeteries By Township -INGenWeb
For tips on accessing Harrison County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Selected Residents of Harrison County, Indiana Territory (1809) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Harrison County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Harrison County, Indiana: Census Records and Indexes - Linkpendium
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
- Funk, Arville L. 1974. Historical almanac of Harrison County, Indiana. (Corydon, Ind: Alfco Publications.) 977.2 A1 no. 40 FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott and Washington, Indiana. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic, 1972.) FHL US/CAN Film 934899 Item 4 FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Roose, William H. 2010.Indiana's birthplace: a history of Harrison County, Indiana. ([LaVergne, TN]: Kessinger Publishing.) other libraries Google books
- History for Harrison County - Linkpendium
Land and Property
- Family Maps of Harrison County, Indiana Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Maps and Gazetteers - Linkpendium
- Harrison County Military Index (Source: Genealogy Trails History Group)
- List of Pensioners on the Roll January 1, 1883 Harrison County, Indiana (Source: Internet Archive)
- Some Revolutionary War Soldiers Buried in Harrison County INGenWeb
- African - American Veterans in Harrison County, Indiana (1890) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Civil War service men from Harrison County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Harrison County.
- 3rd Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company B
- 12th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies D, E, and F
- 17th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 38th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and E
- 49th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 52nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K, and Reorganzied Company B
- 53rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and F
- 59th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 66th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 81st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, E, and K
- 97th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 128th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 144th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies E, and I
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
article on the Civil War
- Wolfe, Simeon K. and Attia Porter, "The Battle of Corydon", (Indiana Magazine of History 54, no. 2 (June 1958): 131-140.) 1863, Harrison County (Corydon) Abstract and Bibliographic Information article PDF
- Corydon Battle Summary 1863 (Source: American Battlefield Protection Program)
Civil War Battles The following Civil War battle was fought in Harrison County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Indiana.
World War I (The Great War), 1914-1918
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Harrison County (Source: Explore Ancestry ) ($)
World War II, 1941-1945
- Harrison County, Indiana World War II Casualties, Army and Army Air Corps (Source: AccessGenealogy)
Naturalization and Citizenship
300 N. Capitol Ave.
Corydon, IN 47112-1139
Family History Centers
- Directory of Teachers (1936) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Vital Records - Linkpendium
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Harrison County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News