Harrison County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Harrison County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Harrison County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||October 11, 1808|
|Address|| Harrison County Courthouse|
300 N Capitol Ave
Corydon, IN 47112-1139
- Cemeteries for Harrison County - Linkpendium
- Location of Harrison County Cemeteries By Township -INGenWeb
For tips on accessing Harrison County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Selected Residents of Harrison County, Indiana Territory (1809) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Harrison County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Harrison County, Indiana: Census Records and Indexes - Linkpendium
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
- Funk, Arville L. 1974. Historical almanac of Harrison County, Indiana. (Corydon, Ind: Alfco Publications.) 977.2 A1 no. 40 FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Biographical and Historical Souvenir for the Counties of Clark, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Jefferson, Jennings, Scott and Washington, Indiana. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic, 1972.) FHL US/CAN Film 934899 Item 4 FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Roose, William H. 2010.Indiana's birthplace: a history of Harrison County, Indiana. ([LaVergne, TN]: Kessinger Publishing.) other libraries Google books
- History for Harrison County - Linkpendium
Land and Property
- Family Maps of Harrison County, Indiana (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Maps and Gazetteers - Linkpendium
- Harrison County Military Index (Source: Genealogy Trails History Group)
- List of Pensioners on the Roll January 1, 1883 Harrison County, Indiana (Source: Internet Archive)
- Some Revolutionary War Soldiers Buried in Harrison County INGenWeb
- African - American Veterans in Harrison County, Indiana (1890) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Civil War service men from Harrison County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Harrison County.
- 3rd Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company B
- 12th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies D, E, and F
- 17th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 38th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and E
- 49th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 52nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K, and Reorganzied Company B
- 53rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and F
- 59th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 66th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 81st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, E, and K
- 97th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 128th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 144th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies E, and I
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
article on the Civil War
- Wolfe, Simeon K. and Attia Porter, "The Battle of Corydon", (Indiana Magazine of History 54, no. 2 (June 1958): 131-140.) 1863, Harrison County (Corydon) Abstract and Bibliographic Information article PDF
- Corydon Battle Summary 1863 (Source: American Battlefield Protection Program)
Civil War Battles The following Civil War battle was fought in Harrison County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Indiana.
World War I (The Great War), 1914-1918
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Harrison County (Source: Explore Ancestry ) ($)
World War II, 1941-1945
- Harrison County, Indiana World War II Casualties, Army and Army Air Corps (Source: AccessGenealogy)
Naturalization and Citizenship
300 N. Capitol Ave.
Corydon, IN 47112-1139
Family History Centers
- Directory of Teachers (1936) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Vital Records - Linkpendium
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- 1866-1875 - Harrison County Marriage Index 1866-1875 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free. Batch M547151.
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- 1882-1920 - Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
- 1905-1939 - Harrison County Death Index 1905-1939 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free. Batch B547151.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Harrison County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/8/8d/Igiindianah.pdf.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback