Harrison County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Harrison County Courthouse
1801 23rd Ave; PO Box Drawer CC;
Gulfport, MS 39502
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records from 1841 and court records.
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce,
probate and land records. 
1916--Some records were lost.
For tips on accessing Harrison County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Civil War service men from Harrison County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Harrison County.
- - 3rd Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company E - Biloxi Rifles, aka Biloxi Rifle Guards
- Company H - Dahlgren Guards
- - 9th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company C - Mayers’ Company
- - 17th Battalion, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company C - Evans’ Rangers
- Company E - Mayers’ Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Harrison County, Mississippi page 379, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News