From FamilySearch Wiki
(CT Har towns)
|Line 40:||Line 40:|
=== References ===
=== References ===
Revision as of 20:57, 6 November 2012
Under the jurisdiction of the Particular Court until May session 1666; since then in the Town of Hartford (now city of Hartford).
Several probate courts were set off from the Town of Hartford / City of Hartford Probate Court. They were:
- Ashford, 1830, after being part of Windham until 1752, Pomfret until June 4, 1830.
- Berlin, 1824
- Bloomfield, since its incorporation. Part of Hartford.
- Bolton, until 1782, became part of East Windsor, then Hebron, Hebron's name changed to Andover.
- Colebrook, until 1769, then Simsbury until 1779, then Norfolk until 1838, since then Winchester.
- Cornwall, until 1742, then in Litchfield to 1847.
- Coventry, until 1719, then in Windham until 1789, then Hebron until 1849, and since then on own.
- East Haddam, until 1741, then on own, except for a portion that was in Chatham 1830 to 1831.
- East Hartford, until 1783, in East Windsor until 1797, then Hartford until 1887, since then on own.
- East Windsor, 1768 from Windsor, in Hartford and Stafford partly, with parish of Ellington being in Stafford until May session, 1782, since then on own, except for a small portion of East Parish lying east of a meridian line drawn from the northwest corner of Tolland, remained in Stafford.
- Farmington, until Jan 1769, and since then on own.
- Glastonbury, until 1782, then East Windsor until 1797, back in Hartford since then.
- Haddam, until 1741, then East Haddam to 1752, then Middletown, except the part east of the Connecticut river, annexed to Chatham 1824 to 1830, since then on own.
- Hartland, until 1769, then Simsbury until 1807, Granby to 1836, and on own since then.
- Hebron until 1741, then East Haddam to 1789, and on own since then and court name changed to Andover.
- Manchester, until 1823 in East Hartford, then Hartford until 1850, and since then on own.
- Middletown, in the Particular Court to 1666, Hartford to May 1752, except the part included in parish of Middle Haddam part of East Haddam 1741-1752, split between East Haddam and Middletown until 1767 when Chatham was part of Middletown.
- New Hartford until January 1769, then in Farmington until 1808 then Simsbury to 1825 and on own since then.
- Newington, incorporated 1871 from Wethersfield, in Hartford since then.
- Rocky Hill, incorporated May 1843 from Wethersfield, in Hartford since then.
- Simsbury, in Hartford until May 1769, on own since then.
- Suffield, incorporated May 1674, annexed to Connecticut May 1749, in Hampshire County, Massachusetts until May 1749, then in Hartford, except the part lying west of the mountain was annexed to Granby May 1807 until 1821. Since then, on its own.
- Tolland, named May 1715, in Hartford until May 1759, then in Stafford until June 4, 1830, then on its own.
- Waterbury, named May 1686, in Hartford until 1719, then Woodbury until May 1779, then on its own.
- West Hartford, incorporated May 1854 from Hartford, included in Hartford.
- Wethersfield, settled 1635, under the jurisdiction of the Particular Court until May 1666, then then in Hartford.
- Willington, incorporated May 1727, in Hartford until May 1759, then Stafford to June 4, 1830, since then on own.
- Winchester, named 1733, incorporated May 1771, in Hartford to May 1769, then Simsbury to May 1779, then Norfolk to May 31, 1838 and on own since then.
- Windsor, settled 1637 (another souce says 1634), in Hartford to July 4, 1855, except the Ellington parish which was included in East Windsor at the incorporation of that town, set off to Stafford, May 1759, and on its own since then.
- Windsor Locks, incorporated May 1854 from Windsor, included in Hartford since the incorporation.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback