Haywood County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Haywood County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||December 15, 1808|
Haywood County North Carolina
215 N Main Street
Waynesville, NC 28786
Reg of Deeds has mr and land rec
Clk Sup Ct has pro & ct rec
Haywood County was created from Buncombe 15 Dec 1808
Haywood County was formed from the western portion of Buncombe County in 1808. At the time of its formation, it stretched from Buncombe County to the Tennessee state line. In 1828, the western portion of Haywood County became Macon County. Parts of Haywood and Macon Counties were used to form Jackson county in 1851.
- Cocke County, Tennessee
- Sevier County, Tennessee
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Birth and death records are available from 1913. Marriage records are available from 1808.
- Haywood County marriage licenses, 1857-1914 - index freely available from the NC State Library. Word format | PDF format.
- Haywood County marriage licenses, 1915-1925 - index freely available from the NC State Library - Word format | PDF format.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Haywood County NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Haywood County Genealogy Society
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).