Help:Adding images to articlesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This help article will guide you as you edit in the Wiki. See Contributor Help for more help articles.|
Watch a video demonstration of how to add images to the wiki.
Before you begin
1) To insert an image in an article, the image must first be submitted, approved, and uploaded to the FamilySearch Wiki. Any logged-in user can submit an image. Only Reviewers can approve images and upload them directly to the Wiki.
2) An image file may be searched by name like any article on the Family Search Research Wiki. Type the keyword(s) into the search box and hit the Enter button. A list of article shows, but look to the left and hit the Multimedia link. Now a list of image files shows. Scroll down to the one you want and open it.
3) Right under the image, the Name of the Image is listed. Copy this name, because the exact name of the image must be used.
4) Open the article where you intend to insert the image.
5) You must be logged into the Family Search Wiki.
Inserting images into a page
6) Click the Edit This Page button. The Edit Window will open.
7) Click in the edit window where you want the image inserted.
8) Look for the icon at the top, showing a small picture. Its the third one from the left, just under Preview. Click this picture.
9) The following will be added to the Edit Window: [[File:Example.jpg]]
10) Now Paste the Name of the Image. It should look like the following - Two opening square brackets, then the word File followed by a colon and the Name of the Image, finally two closing square brackets. Make sure there is only one File. Since this is only text, you can also just type all this.
11) There are many ways to format the image on the page to make it look different, such as size, border, caption, which side of the page, above the text or below, etc. See Help:Images
12) When all the changes have been made, type in the Edit Summary and click Save Page located below the edit window.