Help:Create a page linked from an existing pageEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Quick Reference: In the editing window of an existing article, type [[newpagetitle | visibletext]] in the article, where "newpagetitle" = the title of the article you want to create, and "visibletext" = the text users will click on in the existing article to open the new article.
- Log into the site.
- Navigate to the page where you want to add the link to a new page. This may be done by searching for the existing article in the search box.
- Once you have located and opened the article or page where you want to add a link to a new page, click "Edit" in the navigation bar page options to edit that article or page.
- This will open the editing window.
- In the editing window, type the
- Determine the text that will be used as the link to the new page. This text will be the title of the new page, so please make sure the text fits the Name page guidelines.
- Click on the Edit tab near the top of the page.
- Put two square brackets, [[ ]] before and after the text that will be the link to the new page with no space between the brackets or the first and last letter of the text.
- Scroll down and click on the Save page button.
The link to the new empty page will be displayed in red underlined text.