Help:Creating a pageEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (fixed link)
m (removed word "no")
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
Latest revision as of 18:03, 13 May 2014
IMPORTANT: Before creating a page, review the following:
- Search the Wiki for the subject and title of the page you want to create. If you find a similar article, you may add content to the existing page rather than create another page.
- After reviewing the article on naming conventions, type the name of the article you want to create in the box below. Do not include characters such as ?, !, *, etc. as part of an article title. Click create page.
- This will take you to the edit screen of the new page. Add content to the new page, and click save page.
NOTE: To make your page better, link your article to other pages in the Wiki. Make absolutely sure that you create a back-link to a more general article. For example, if you create a city page, make sure there is a link to both the county and the state. Failing to create a link back results in orphan pages in the Wiki.
- This page was last modified on 13 May 2014, at 18:03.
- This page has been accessed 25,975 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News