Help:How to Register with the WikiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Step 1. Register with FamilySearch Wiki
Registering with the Wiki allows you to sign in to make changes and improvements to the Wiki pages. Registering can also allow FamilySearch to help you collaborate with other community members. During registration you will be asked to create a username and password.
- To register, click on the word Sign In in the blue bar in the upper right corner of any Wiki page.
- Three options will appear as shown in the image below.
- Click Register and then follow the instructions. Complete the required registration information and read through the terms and conditions. After you complete the registration form, proceed to Step 2.
- Or, you may register by clicking here.
Step 2. Confirm your E-mail address. After you register, FamilySearch will send you an e-mail message. You must confirm your e-mail address to edit or contribute to the wiki.
- Open your e-mail program and find the e-mail with the subject, "FamilySearch Wiki e-mail address confirmation."
- The message will contain a link. Click on the underlined link to send a message back to FamilySearch to indicate that your email address is valid. Then, proceed to Step 3.
Step 3. Choose Your E-mail Preferences. You may choose how and when you want the FamilySearch Wiki to send you emails. To choose these settings:
- Go to the "Personal Tools" section of the panel on the lower right side of the page. Click on the My Preferences link. Or, verify your settings by clicking here.
- On the Preferences page, scroll down to find the "Email" heading. Choose the email option you want by clicking the checkboxes to the left of the option.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.