Help:Search TipsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Type Keywords. To do a Basic Search, simply type search terms in the Search box on any page of the site and click Search or press Enter. For example: London Cemeteries
Type the Title of an Article. If you know the title of an article you want to find, try typing the title. Example: Finding Information in the Davis County, Utah Public Records
Note: Basic Search supports Boolean operators.
The advanced search options listed below are not available at this time.
You can filter your searches eight different ways in the Advanced Search. The Advanced Search also allows for Boolean operators, phrases, parenthesis, and wild card searches. The filter options include:
- Text: the full text of the article.
- Title: words in the title.
- Keywords: metadata that does not appear as visible text in an article, but which is added to an article by an author in order for the search engine to find the article when certain search terms are used.
- Description: text that appears in bold underneath an article's title.
- Item Type: such as Page, Folder, File, Forum, etc.
- Author: login name of an author.
- Review State: the status of the item in the authoring process. Examples: Public Draft, Active, Pending, Locked, etc.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News