Help:TourEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Welcome to the Research Wiki!
The FamilySearch Research Wiki is a place where you can:
Research your Family History
- In the Wiki, you can learn what records exist in specific areas or topics. Here are some articles to help you get started:
- 1. Research Help
- Video: Researching using the Wiki This video CANNOT be viewed because the church has blocked it since it is on youtube. How are we to use many of the supposed helps when the church is blocking all the sights we would ordinarily be able to use??? MarlingMcReynolds
- Family History for Beginners
- Principles of Family History Research
- 2. Wiki Search Tips
Contribute Your Knowledge to the Wiki
- You know something that can help other researchers find their family members. Contribute your knowledge to the wiki to give others tips about researching in a specific area or topic.
- The Contributor Help page is the central resource for instructions about how to edit in the Wiki.
- Projects Seeking Contributors lists some of the community projects that are currently being worked on.
- There is a Community Meeting for New Wiki Contributors on Thursday afternoons. Come to learn more about how to edit in the Wiki.
Store Information in the Wiki
- As you learn tips and tricks that will help you in your genealogy research, instead of Bookmarking or creating a Favorite in your browser, go to the Wiki page for that locality or topic, and add a note about the resource. Then you and anyone else researching in that area/topic will be able to find it too.
- Here are a few links to get you started:
Collaborate with Others
Working together, we can create a better research tool than we could if individuals were developing pages on their own.
- The Projects Seeking Contributors page lists the many projects that you can work with others on.
On Talk/Discussion Pages
- Every page in the Wiki has a Talk/Discussion page where you can ask questions or make comments about that article.
- This will send an email to anyone who is "Watching" the page, notifying them of the change. They can come in and reply to the original question or comments.
- See also:
On the Forums
- On the forums, you can ask a question about your research or the FamilySearch products, or help others with their questions.
Live Community Meetings
- Some community members prefer receiving live help on a conference call with fellow community members. If this is your preference, join one or more Community Meetings that are held live online.
- If you would like to know more about what the Wiki is, the following links will help:
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News