Hempstead County, Arkansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:53, 2 August 2011 by Larry0011
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Hempstead County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||December 15, 1818|
- 1818--Hempstead County was created 15 December 1818 from Arkansas County, Missouri Territory . County seat: Hope  Its existence predates the state of Akansas which was admitted to the union in 1836. Hempstead County was part of the Missouri Territory from 1818 to 1819 and part of the Arkansas Territory from 1819 to 1836.
See an interactive map of Arkansas county border changes at N2Genealogy.
- Cemeteries are found on the Hempstead ARGenweb site, the Hempstead Archives website and the Findagrave website.
1820 is missing
- Index to Chancery Court Records Hempstead Co. ARGenweb
- Federal Land Records Hampstead County Hempstead County Archives
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital version at Google Books. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Arkansas, Hempstead County on page 191.]
- Hempstead County Marriages, 1817 - 1875 Hempstead County Archives
- Freedmens' Marriages Hempstead County Hempstead Co.ARGenweb
Societies and Libraries
- Hempstead County ARGenweb
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Hempstead County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More