Henderson County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Henderson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||December 15, 1838|
Henderson County Courthouse
200 N Grove St Suite 129
Henderson, NC 28792-5053
Register of Deeds has birth and death records from 1914,
marriage record from 1800 and rec from 1837
Clerkk superior Court has divorce, probate and court records from 1841
For tips on accessing Henderson County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- French Broad, near Mills River, N.C. Organized before 1792. Previously located in Buncombe County.
- Twenty-fourth annual report of the public schools of Henderson, North Carolina, 1922-1923 - via the Internet Archive
- Henderson County students at NC colleges - a name list of students at various NC colleges with identified hometowns in the county
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1838-1923 - Will Books 1 to 5 (1838-1923) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Henderson County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Henderson County, North Carolina. Page 509 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "French Broad Baptist Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback