Hennepin County, Minnesota Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 87:||Line 87:|
==== Maps ====
==== Maps ====
*[http://www..com// of ]
==== Military ====
==== Military ====
Revision as of 23:20, 19 April 2013
Guide to Hennepin County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Hennepin County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1852|
|Address|| Hennepin County Courthouse|
300 S 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487-0001
Hennepin County Website
Clerk District Courth has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage, divorce and court records. 
- 1852--Hennepin County was created 6 March 1852 from Dakota County. County seat: Minneapolis 
- For a brief history of how Hennepin County was named, click here. Then select Hennepin County.
Bloomington | Brooklyn Center | Brooklyn Park | Champlin | Chanhassen | Corcoran | Crystal | Dayton | Deephaven | Eden Prairie | Edina | Excelsior | Golden Valley | Greenfield | Greenwood | Hanover | Hopkins | Independence | Long Lake | Loretto | Maple Grove | Maple Plain | Medicine Lake | Medina | Minneapolis | Minnetonka | Minnetonka Beach | Minnetrista | Mound | New Hope | Orono | Osseo | Plymouth | Richfield | Robbinsdale | Rockford | Rogers | Shorewood | Spring Park | St. Anthony Village | St. Bonifacius | St. Louis Park | Tonka Bay | Wayzata | Woodland
- Eden Prairie Cemetery, Eden Prairie BillionGraves
- Lakewood Cemetery, Minneapolis, Minnesota, has a name search.
- Cemeteries listings. US Gen Web Archives. Bloomington, Chaplin, Crystal Lake, Fort Snelling, Greenwood, Lakewood, Summit Park, Unitarian Wyzata, Evangelical Bohemian Presbyterian Minnetonka
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Fold3.com ($) has Minneapolis City Directories 1865-1923 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
- Fold3.com ($) has St. Paul City Directories 1863-1924 (4 yrs. missing) available online.
- Family Maps of Hennepin County, Minnesota Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Simple map of Hennepin County Communities and Townships
Civil War service men from Hennepin County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Hennepin County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Company A.
- - 1st Battalion, Minnesota Infantry Volunteers, Company B.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company E.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Company D.
- - 3rd Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company A.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company C.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies B, C, and D.
- - 8th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and K.
- - 9th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Companies A and B.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company K.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies B and C.
- - Hatch's Independent Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies A, B and E.
- - 1st Minnesota Company Sharpshooters, First Company only
- Newspaper Links - Minnesota Historical Society
- Chronicling America (Library of Congress) This freely accessible website, available from any Internet connection, hosts historic newspapers (1860-1922) from across the United States for noncommercial, educational and research purposes. Currently the following Minnesota titles are available on Chronicling America, with more to follow:
The appeal . (Saint Paul, Minn.) 1889-19?? African-American newspaper. More than 1,500 issues between 1889 and 1922 have been digitized and are fully searchable on-line at the Library of Congress, Chronicling America website.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Anoka Minnesota Family History Center
- Bloomington Minnesota Family History Center
- Minneapolis Minnesota Family History Center
- Hennepin County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Hennepin County US Gen Web Site
- Hennepin County US Gen Web Archives Site
- ancestry.com Hennepin County Resource Page ($ need ancestry.com subscription)
- Hennepin County Genealogy (Minnesota Genealogy)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hennepin County, Minnesota page 364, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.