Henrico Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Henrico Parish has served Henrico County, Virginia. In the early period, it was also known as Henricopolis Church. Between 1680 and 1714, it was also known as Varina Parish. Also known as St. John's Church. Located in Richmond.
Patrick Henry delivered his famous "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" speech at St. John's on the 23rd of March 1775.
- abt 1611
- Burton, Lewis W. Annals of Henrico Parish, Diocese of Virginia and Especially of St. John's Church, the Present Mother Church of the Parish, from 1611 to 1884. Richmond, VA, USA: Williams Printing Company, 1942. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- Moore, J. Staunton. The Annals and History of Henrico Parish, Diocese of Virginia: and St. John's P.E. Church. 1904; reprint, Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1979. Available at FHL [2 copies]; digital versions at Ancestry ($); Internet Archive (1); Internet Archive (2); Internet Archive (3).
- Robinson, Morgan P. "Henrico Parish in the Diocese of Virginia and the Parishes Descended Therefrom," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 43, No. 1 (Jan., 1935), pp. 8-40. FHL Book 975.5 B2v; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- The Church of Henricopolis, The Historical Marker Database
- St. John's Church Marker "Give me liberty or give me death!", The Historical Marker Database
- Saint John's Episcopal Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- Welcome to St. John's Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News