Highland County, Virginia Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Has anyone studied my Highland County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than 15 family history books and articles have been published about Highland County's families. <no include> </no include>
- Main article: Highland County, Virginia
- Highland County, VA Genealogy Forum, courtesy: GenForum. (0+ messages)
- Highland - Family History & Genealogy Message Board, courtesy: Ancestry. (0+ messages)
Highland County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than 0 online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Compiled genealogies that treat multiple Highland County families include:
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Arbogast] Arbogast: Family Genealogy. Records, Clark County Genealogical Society, Marshall, Ill. FHL Collection 1305153 Item 6
- [Bodkin] Botkin, Gerald N. and Paul W. Botkin. Botkin Family in America. Typescript, 1972. FHL Collection 982106 Item 5
- [Calhoun] Calhoun, Garry L. Calhoun. Typescript. FHL Collection 1206299 Item 13
- [Douglas] Swiger, Elizabeth Davis, Edward E. Morton and Ronald V. Hardway. History and Family Record of the Morton Family of Webster County, West Virginia: The Continuing Story. Grafton, W. Va.: Mountain Heritage Genealogy Society, 1984. FHL Collection 929.273 M846s
- [Givens] Parr, Perry Louis. Givens Family Genealogy. MSS., FHL Collection 982306
- [Holl] See Hull.
- [Hull] Hull, Eugene F. Three Hull Brothers. n.p.: E.F. Hull, 1986. FHL Collection 929.273 H877he
- [Morton] Morton, Edward E. Family Record and History of the Morton Family: of Webster County, West Virginia. [Fairmont, W. Va.]: E.D. Swiger, 1960. FHL Collection 929.273 A1 no. 1507
- [Morton] Swiger, Elizabeth Davis, Edward E. Morton and Ronald V. Hardway. History and Family Record of the Morton Family of Webster County, West Virginia: The Continuing Story. Grafton, W. Va.: Mountain Heritage Genealogy Society, 1984. FHL Collection 929.273 M846s
- [Morton] Swiger, Elizabeth Davis and Edward E. Morton. History of the Morton Family of Webster County, West Virginia, Supplement Three. Fairmount, W. Va.: E.D. Swiger, 1988. FHL Collection 929.273 M846s supp. 3
- [Slavin] Slaven, F.L. The Descendents of John Slaven from Tyrone County, Ireland and Elizabeth Stuart from Scotland. New Orleans, La.: F.L. Slaven, 196-?. FHL Collection 1307569 Item 2
- [Slavin] Slavens, Thomas H. The Descendants of John Slavin from County Tyrone, Ireland. Typescript, National Library of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Washington, D.C. FHL Collection 875379 Item 6
- [Slavin] Slavens-Slaven-Slavin and Allied Families, ca. 1723-1941. MSS., Family Records Collection, Barrett Memorial Library, Petersburg, Ind.: Slav. FHL Collection 1451835 Item 1
- [Stephenson] Hammond, Howard Revercomb and Milton Rubincam. Revercomb Family Papers. 1969. FHL Collection 929.273 R323r; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Weybright] Weybright, Jessie P. Genealogy of Martin Weybrecht, Bavaria 1689 - Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, 1732: Weybright, Waybright, also Martin Weybright, Highland County, Virginia, 1800. Microfilmed 1977. FHL Collection 1036852 Item 4
- [Wimer] Hinkle, Don Philip. Weimer Genealogical Center (Albuquerque, N.M.). The Wimer Family #189. 2 vols. Albuquerque, N.M.: Weimer Genealogical Center, 1992. FHL Collection 2055537 Items 1-2
- [Zigenfuss] Zickefoose, Larry C., Clayton H. Sigerfoos, and W.J. Sickafus. From Zigenfuss to Zickefoose, 1739-1990. Baltimore, Md.: Gateway Press, 1990. FHL Collection 929.273 Z61z