Hoke County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Hoke County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||February 17, 1911|
Hoke County Courthouse
304 N Main Street
Raeford, NC 28376
Register Deeds has birth, marriage and death records
and land records from from 1911
Clerk Superior Court has divorce, probate and court records from1911
For tips on accessing Hoke County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Hoke County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in North Carolina.
Civil War Confederate units
Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- News-Journal - 400+ issues freely available online spanning 1943-1969
- Hoke County Newspapers - a listing of newspapers published in the county & libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hoke County, North Carolina. Page 509 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 9 August, 2012)
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here