Holborn St Andrew, Middlesex GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Indexes||1558-1868||FamilySearch||1754-1812||Find My Past||1653||findmypast|
A page from the parish register is missing for the year 1717.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
- 1541 London Subsidy Roll, Farringdon Ward Without - Saynt Andrewes Parysshe, courtesy: British History Online
- St Andrew, Holborn, Farringdon Without Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/145/145); copy: FHL Film 2228700.
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Farringdon Ward Without - St Andrewes Parishe in Holborne, courtesy: British History Online
- London Subsidy Roll, c.1589 - St Andrewes in Holborne Parishe, courtesy: Family History Archives (see page 160)
- St Andrew, Holborn, Farringdon Without Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/505); copy: FHL Film 2228702.
- St Andrew, Holborn, Farringdon Without Ward, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/515); copy: FHL Film 2228703.
- St Andrew, Holborn, Farringdon Ward Without, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/590 Part 11); copy: FHL Film 2228704.
1666 Hearth Tax
- Hearth Tax: City of London 1666 - St Andrew Holborn, courtesy: British History Online - free.
- Hearth Tax: Middlesex 1666 - St Andrew Holborn at British History Online - free.
1667 Hearth Tax
- St Andrew Holborn, Farringdon Ward Without, London (The National Archives, Ref: E179/147/630); copy: FHL Film 2228702.
1693-1694 Four Shilling in the Pound Aid
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish.
Before 1858, Holborn St Andrew, Middlesex Genealogy fell under the jurisdiction of the Court of the Archdeaconry of London. In practice, many residents left their wills in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury from the 1700s through 1858. From 1858 to the present, refer to the Principal Probate Registry.
Go to London Probate Records to find the name of the court having secondary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Transcripts of early Holborn St Andrew, Middlesex Genealogy tombs found in the interior of the church were published in Catalogue of the most Memorable Persons who had visible Tombs, plated Gravestones ... in the City of London (through) A.D. 1700, which is available online.
Find A Grave has a page about St Andrew Holborn Church monumental inscriptions.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
This parish belonged to Farringdon Ward Without.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
(The London Family History Centre Catalogue is a terrific resource for identifying FamilySearch's London collections).
- GENUKI: Middlesex, Holborn St Andrew
- London Family History Centre Catalogue
- St Andrew Holborn (official website). Photographs, history, visitor directions.
- ↑ London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Described as St Andrew Holborn in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as St Andrew Holborn in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as St Andrew Holborn in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry (£). Described as St Andrew Holborn in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ Batches C010511, C010512, C010513, C020836, C020837, C020838, C020839, C025561, P010514, P010515, P010516, P010517, P010518, P010519, P020831, P020832, P020833, P020834, P020835 (1869-1875, inactive 11/2/2012), see: Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (A-M), England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes parish register transcripts.
- ↑ 'Boyd's London Burials Index - places and counts,' Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes adult male burials only.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
- ↑ John Hanson, 'City of London Burials,' Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011.
- ↑ 'A Note on St. Andrews, Holborn Parish Register,' Genealogists' Magazine, Vol. 10 (1947-1950):452.
- ↑ "About Archdeaconry Court of London Wills Index 1750-1800", British Origins, accessed 23 December 2011.
- ↑ Payne Fisher and G. Blacker Morgan, Catalogue of the Tombs in the Churches of the City of London, A.D. 1666 (1668; reprint, London: Hasell, Watson, Viney, Ld., 1885). Digitised by Internet Archive.
- ↑ Percy C. Rushden, The Churchyard Inscriptions of the City of London (London: Phillimore and Co., Ltd., 1910). Digitised by Internet Archive.
- ↑ James Elmes, A Topographical Dictionary of London and its Environs (London: Whittaker, Treacher and Arnot, 1831). Adapted. Digitized by Google Books.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News