Holy Trinity the LessEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Trinity the Less, the church of, was situated before the fire of London, at the northeast corner of Little Trinity Lane, where a German Chapel now stands. It received the epithet "the Less" to distinguish it from the Trinity priory at Aldgate; but having been destroyed by the fire of 1666, the parish was united to that of St Michael Queenhithe, and the church was not rebuilt. See St Michael, Queenhithe.
Holy Trinity the Less Parish was part of Vintry Ward.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
|Online Holy Trinity the Less Parish Register Images and Indexes|
|Images||1547-1812 Ancestry baptisms, marriages, and burials|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Can you help?
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Queenhithe Ward - Trynytie Paroche, courtesy: British History Online
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Vintry Ward - Trinitie Parishe, courtesy: British History Online
1638 Inhabitants List
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to London Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- London Family History Centre Catalogue
- Society of Genealogists Library Catalogue (to narrow results, conduct a subject search for 'London Holy Trinity the Less')
- ↑ James Elmes, M.R. I. A., Architect, A Topographical Dictionary of London and its Envirions (London: Whittaker, Treacher and Arnot, 1831). Adapted. Digital version: Google Books.
- ↑ London, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1538-1812, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Holy Trinity The Less in the City of London. Marriages from 1754 to 1812 are not included in this database. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Births and Baptisms, 1813-1906, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Holy Trinity the Less in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Holy Trinity the Less in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ London, England, Deaths and Burials, 1813-1980, courtesy: Ancestry ($). Described as Holy Trinity the Less in the City of London. Partially indexed.
- ↑ Batches C023311-C023312, see: Hugh Wallis, "IGI Batch Numbers for London including Middlesex (A-M), England," IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 8 June 2011. Indexes parish register transcripts.
- ↑ "Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county," Origins.net, accessed 12 June 2011; Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists Enterprises Ltd., 1994). FHL Book 942 K22L 1994
- ↑ John Hanson, "City of London Burials," Find My Past, accessed 8 June 2011.
- ↑ "Webb's London Marriages - Marriages, periods and parishes/churches," British Origins, accessed 4 July 2011.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes (n.p.: n.p., n.d.). FHL British Book 942 V25pm
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback