Hood River Oregon Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Family History Center serves the Hood River valley and the White Salmon area across the river.
Center Contacts and Hours: For information on the center, please call 541-386-3539 during the hours of operation, or call the Director, Linda Colton, at 541-490-0344.
Location & Map:
- Inside the LDS Church at the corner of 18th and May Street in Hood River. The entrance is on May Street. Lots of parking available.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10 am to 5 pm, Wed 5 pm to 8 pm, Saturday 3 pm to 6 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving week, Christmas week, the week of New Year, and the first two weeks of August
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Books, some microfilm and microfiche. Extensive collection on Illinois.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Four computers, microfilm and fiche readers; birth, marriage, death, obituary notices from the Hood River News
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)