Hot Spring County, ArkansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:32, 27 December 2011 by JamesAnderson
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Arkansas County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 2, 1829|
- The County was named for the hot Springs at Hot Springs.
- The county is a "dry county", no alcohols allowed.
Parts were set off to create following new counties:
- Montgomery 9 December 1842
- Grant 4 February 1869
- Garland 5 April 1873
- Part of Garland County was returned to Hot Springs later in 1873.
See an interactive map of Hot Spring County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
Census Districts and Unincorporated Towns
- Oak Bower
- Old De Roche
- Phillips Cemetery, Leola BillionGraves
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Hot Spring County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback