Houston County, Minnesota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Houston County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Houston County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||April 4, 1854|
|Address|| Houston County Courthouse|
304 S Marshall St
Caledonia, MN 55921
Houston County Website
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1854,
court records from 1856 and divorce records.
Probate Judge has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
- 1854--Houston County was created 4 April 1854 from Fillmore County. County seat: Caledonia 
- For a brief history of how Houston County was named, click here, then select Houston County.
Brownsville | Caledonia | Eitzen | Hokah | Houston | La Crescent | Spring Grove
Black Hammer Township | Brownsville Township | Caledonia Township | Crooked Creek Township | Hokah Township | Houston Township | Jefferson Township | La Crescent Township | Mayville Township | Money Creek Township | Mound Prairie Township | Sheldon Township | Spring Grove Township | Union Township | Wilmington Township | Winnebago Township | Yucatan Township
- Allamakee County, Iowa
- La Crosse County, Wisconsin
- Vernon County, Wisconsin
- Winneshiek County, Iowa
- Family Maps of Houston County, Minnesota Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Civil War service men from Houston County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are many companies or regiments that were formed from men of Houston County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Companies A and G.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies A and D.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company K.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company F.
- - 11th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company K.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Houston County, Minnesota page 364, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News