How to Find Alaska Birth RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Alaska statewide registration of births began in 1913 with general compliance by 1945.
Next Step: When did the birth occur?
Births before 1913
Before 1913, no births were recorded by the county or state. You must search substitute records to locate your ancestor’s birth date and place.
|Records that give birth information:|
Births after 1913
Statewide registration of births began in 1913 in Alaska. Currently, there are no online indexes to Alaska births from 1913 to the present.
Obtain the Certificate
Restrictions for persons born within the last 100 years:
To obtain a copy of the birth certificate for those born within the last 100 years, you must be:
- The person on the certificate
- The parent of the person on the certificate
- The legal guardian of the person on the certificate
- Anyone who has legal interest in the certificate
- NOTE: A copy of the birth certificate cannot be obtained by anyone except those listed above until 100 years have passed from the date of the birth.
If you do not want to order the birth record, there areother records with birth information you can search.
Related Wiki Articles
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More