How to Find Microfilm Numbers for the British World War I records in the FamilySearch CatalogEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Family History Library has copies of the World War I records known as Burnt Docs (WO 363) and Unburnt Docs (WO 361) and a collection of misplaced documents (WO 364). You can find the microfilm number(s) for these records in the Family History Library Catalog.
- Go to www.familysearch.org.
- Click the Library tab.
- Click Family History Library Catalog.
- Type Great Britain and click Search.
- Click Great Britain in the search results.
- Click the topic “Military records - Army - World War, 1914-1918.”
- Click on one of the titles “Military records of the British Army, 1914-1920”
- Click View Film Notes to see the microfilm numbers.