How to Preserve and Restore Family Records and BooksEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 10:14, 16 August 2008 by Davide
Several Web sites help you learn about preserving your family records. Here are a few.
- U.S. National Archives & Records Administration at www.archives.gov/preservation/family-archives/
- The American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works at http://aic.stanford.edu
- The Institute of Paper Conservation at http://palimpsest.stanford.edu
- Northeast Document Conservation Center at www.nedcc.org
- Smithsonian Center for Materials Research and Education at www.si.edu/scmre/
- Cyndi's List - Preservation & Conservation at www.cyndislist.com/preservation.htm
- Utah Bookbinding Company at www.utahbookbinding.com
- Grimm Book Bindery, Inc. at www.grimmbindery.com
- They also do book repairs and restorations of single books.
- Inks and Toners Research Information:
- Wilhelm Imaging Research at www.wilhelm-research.com
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More