Howard County, Missouri GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Howard County Courthouse
#1 Courthouse Square
Fayette, MO 65248
Clerk Circuit Court has birth recordsc 1870-1955,
marriage and court records from 1870, land and burial
records from 1820, military and divorce records from 1900;
Probate Court has probate records from 1835; County
Health Nurse has death records from 1870
See an interactive map of Howard County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
- Map of Howard County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Howard County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Howard County
Map showing Civil War battles in Missouri
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Moberly newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Howard County communities.
- Missouri Intelligencer, 1819-1835 (Franklin, Howard County, Missouri) Searchable online at the State Historical Society of Missouri’s Digital Collections, Index to Selected Missouri Newspapers.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Howard County, Missouri. Page 401 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 15 August 2012)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More