Hungars Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Hungars Parish has served Northampton County, Virginia.
Colonial parish registers are lost
- Stitt, Susan. "The Will of Stephen Charlton and Hungars Parish Glebe," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 77, No. 3 (Jul., 1969), pp. 259-276. FHL Book 975.5 B2v; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Upshur, Anne Floyed and Wilsom M. Stitt. The History of Hungars Episcopal Church, Hungars Parish, Northampton County, Bridgetown, Virginia. Undated pamphlet. Digital version at ghotes of Virginia.
The original parish register is lost, but two years of entries, dating from the Restoration, were recorded in civil court books kept in the Northampton County Courthouse.
Births, marriages, and burials from Lady's Day 1660 (March 25) to Lady's Day 1661 (March 25) were recorded in Northampton County's Book of Orders, Deeds, &c. Abstracts:
- Robertson, Thomas B. "Hungars Parish Records for 1660-1661," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 18, No. 3 (Jan. 1910):178-181. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital versions at JSTOR ($) and USGenWeb Archives.
Births, marriages, and burials from Lady's Day 1661 (March 25) to Lady's Day 1662 (March 25) were recorded in Northampton County's Book of Deeds, Wills, &c. (1657-1666). Abstracts:
- Robertson, Thomas B. "Hungars Parish Records," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 22, No. 1 (Jul., 1913), pp. 39-43. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).