Hutchinson County, South Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Hutchinson County, South Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Hutchinson County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||May 8, 1862|
Hutchinson County Courthouse
140 Euclid Street
Olivet, SD 57052
Register of Deeds has land records from 1876,
marriage records from 1887, birht and death records
from 1905 and burial records from 1914; Clerk Courts
has divorce and court records from 1883 and probate
records from 1899; County Auditor has school records
1862--Hutchinson County was created 8 May 1862 from unorganized territory.
County seat: Olivet 
Various Hutchinson County Cemeteries transcriptions listing names, date of death and age at date of death.
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
- 1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
- 1945 state census with images can be viewed free at Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Hutchison County, South Dakota, p.625
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).