Hyde County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Hyde County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|County Seat||Swan Quarter|
Hyde County Courthouse
264 Business Hwy P O Box 297
Swan Quarter NC 27885
Phone: 252 926 3011
Formerly Wickham Co names changed to Hyde 1712
Register of Deeds has birth, death and burial records from 1913
marriage records from 1850, land records from 1736
marriage bonds 1735-1867 and delayed birth records from late 1800's
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and court records from 1868
and probate records from 1774 
- Guide to Research in the North Carolina Archives (list of original & microfilm records)
Census & Tax Records
For tips on accessing Hyde County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Photographs & Biographies
Wills & Estates
- Pre-1790 - Pre-1790 Hyde County, North Carolina Genealogy Wills stored at the North Carolina State Archives are online - free. Website tips.
- 1764-1960 - Will Books 1 to 14 (1764-1960) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- Hyde County, North Carolina Wills & Estates (NCGenWeb Project)
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Hyde County at Our Family Tree
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Hyde County, North Carolina. Page 510 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).