Hyde County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Hyde County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|County Seat||Swan Quarter|
Hyde County North Carolina
264 Business Hwy P O Box 297
Swan Quarter NC 27885
252 926 3011
Formerly Wickham Co names changed to Hyde 1712
Reg of Deeds has b, d & bur rec from 1913
m rec from 1850, land rec from 1736
marr bonds 1735-1867 & delayed b rec from late 1800's
Clk Sup Ct has div & ctrec from 1868 & pro rec from 1774
Jude created from Wickham Precinct of Bath Co
- Guide to Research in the North Carolina Archives (list of original & microfilm records)
Census & Tax Records
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Photographs & Biographies
Wills & Estates
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Hyde County at Our Family Tree
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More