IcelandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Welcome to the Iceland Page! FamilySearch Wiki is a community website dedicated to helping people throughout the world learn how to find their ancestors. Through the Iceland page you can learn how to find, use, and analyze Icelandic records of genealogical value. The content is variously targeted to beginners, intermediate, and expert researchers. Please visit the help page to learn more about using the site. The Iceland Page is a work in progress, your contributions and feedback are essential!
Getting started with Iceland research
(Your text or images here)
Wiki articles descrbing online collections are found at:
- Iceland Vital Records Index (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Iceland Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Iceland Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Thanks to Hálfdan Helgason, 1816 Iceland census has searchable PDF files with headers in English.
Also see the Iceland GenWeb at Íslenski Ættfræðivefurinn.
- Iceland Genealogy Links
- Family Tree Magazine: Icelandic Toolkit
- Finding Your Ancestors 1835-1900 Resource Guide
- Gothic Handwriting Resource Guide
- Iceland GenWeb
- Icelandic Association of Utah
- Icelandic Genealogical Word List
- Icelandic-Spanish Fork-Vigdis Johnson
- Libweb - Directory of Libraries in Iceland
- The Emigration from Iceland to North America
- Þjóðskjalasafn Íslands
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
Did you know?
(Your text or images here, or use the table below:)
|News and Events|
|Get Help Reading Records|