Indiana, Marriage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: When I try to view images I get an Image Not Available message even though the collection shows a camera icon. Are these images available somewhere else?
Answer #1: At the present time the images for the following Counties are not available for viewing online due to contract restrictions on the film. The films can be ordered (See Ordering Microfilm and Microfiche) into a FamilySearch Center near you and viewed there.
- The images for Boone > 1831 -1844 Volume 1 and Boone > 1844-1854 Volume 2 can be viewed on Film 1320110.
- The images for Elkhart County can be viewed on Film 1845720.
- The images for Floyd County can be viewed on Film 1411884.
- The images for Fountain County can be viewed on Film 1321635.
- The images for Hamilton County can be viewed on Film 1320352.
Question #2: Is the date range in the Franklin >1882-1897 browse point correct?
Answer #2: The title on the film states the year range is 1882-1894. The images in the section verify this.
Question #3: Why do I see many duplicate images in some of the browse points?
Answer #3: In some browse points there are multiple duplicates of images. This is done because of multiple copies in the original records, possible poor image quality of some of the images and other reasons. It is our policy to leave all images in the original records because of the concern of missing information if we choose to delete images.
In some cases you will find that it took several images to capture all the information from the records. For instance, at the browse point Hendricks >1901-1906 Volume 28 > image 93, you will see the image shows page 26. There are page inserts within page 26 to complete these records. The first page shows Groom’s name and information and the Groom’s Father’s name. Image 94 is still page 26 with the Groom’s Mother’s maiden name, the Bride’s Full name and information. Image 95 is still page 26 and has the Bride’s place of birth, her parent’s names, the place of the marriage, by Whom Married and the Date of the Marriage. Thus, it takes three images to get all the information for these marriages.
Question #4: In the Parke > 1882-1888 Volume null browse point there are marriages that don’t match the bride and groom. How can the missing records be found?
Answer #4: Images 81-83 in this browse point were filmed with the pages out of order. Note the page numbers at the top of the page. Image 81 contains pages 163 and 160, image 82 contains pages 164 and 161, image 83 contains pages 162 and 165.
Question #5: The years in the browse point Vigo > 1834-1935 Volume 84 do not seem to reflect the records located there. Are these the correct dates?
Answer #5: No. The correct years for these records should be 1934-1935.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Indiana, Marriages, 1811-1959 > Park > 1882-1888 Volume null > image 81 of 93.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Indiana County Marriage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Indiana, Marriages, 1811-1959 collection at FamilySearch.org.