Indians of DelawareEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
THIS IS A STUB ARTICLE AND NEEDS ADDITIONAL CONTENT
The name of the state of Delaware comes from the Delaware Tribe of Indians.
Tribes and Bands of Delaware
Conoy, Delaware, Moors, Nanticoke, Siconesse
- Hodge, Fredericak Webb.Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico. Washington D.C.,: Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of Ehtonology, Bulletin #30 1907.
- Swanton, Jorhn R. The Indian Tribes of North America( http://www.accessgenealogy.com ) Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethonolgy Bulletin #145.
Nanticoke Tribe of Delaware
Family History Library
Delaware-Military for a list of forts
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Hodge, Frederick Webb. Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico. Washington D.C.:Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethonology, Bulletin #30 1907. Available online.
- Isaacs. Katherine M., editor. Omni Gazetteer of the United States of America. U.S. Data Sourcebook, Volume 11 Appendices, Bureau of Indian Affairs List of American Indian Reservations, Appendix E, Indian Reservations. Omnigraphics, Inc., 1991.
- National Atlas of the United States of America -- Federal Lands and Indian Reservations Available online.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- Swanton John R. The Indian Tribes of North America. Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology, Bulletin #145 Available online.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More