Indians of VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
Tribes and Bands of Virginia
Cherokee, Chickahominy, Ganawese, Iroquoi, Melungeon, Manahoac, Mattapony, Mehrrin, Monacan, Nahyssan, Nansemonds, Nottaway, Occaneechi, Pamunkey, Powhatan, Saponi, Shawnee, Shendo, Tutelo
- Mattapony Reservation: Tribes: Mattapony
- Chickahominy Indian Tribe
- Monacan Indian Tribe
- Nansemond Indian Tribe
- Pamunkey Reservation: State, Tribe: Pamunkey
- United Rappahannock Tribe
- Upper Mattaponi Indian Tribe
- Isaacs, Katherine M., editor. Omni Gazetteer of the United States of America. U.S. Data Sourcebook, Volume 11 Appendices. Bureau of Indian Affairs List of American Indian Reservations, Appendix E. Indian Reservations. Omnigraphics. Inc., 1991.
- John Hopkins University
Virginia-Military records for a list of forts
Virginia-History for a calendar of events
- ↑ Hodge, Frederick Webb. Handbook of American Indians North of Mexico. Washington D.C.:Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethonology, Bulletin #30 1907. Available online.
- ↑ Swanton John R. The Indian Tribes of North America. Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology, Bulletin #145 Available online.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.