Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Purwodadi Citizenship Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Purwodadi Citizenship Records, 1960-2012 .
Title in the Language of the Record
Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Purwodadi Kewarganegaraan Rekaman
Record Description and Content
This collection will include records from 1960 to 2012.
These records include naturalization and citizenship records from the District Court of Purwodadi, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia. They also include Surat Bukti Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia (SBKRI or Proof of Citizenship of the Republic of Indonesia) which documents Indonesian citizenship of ethnic Chinese living in Indonesia.
The following record types are included in this collection:
- Kelahiran (Birth Records)
- Permohonan Naturalisasi (Applications for Naturalization)
- Kewarganegaraan (Applications for Citizenship)
- Permohonan Pengangkatan Anak (Applications for Adoption)
- Permohonan Surat Keterangan Warga Negara (Citizen Petition Letters)
- Pewarganegaraan (Naturalization Records)
- Surat Bukti Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia (SBKRI or Proof of Citizenship Records)
Citizenship records usually contain the following information:
- Full name before the change
- Place and date of birth
- Name of spouse
- Date and place of marriage
- Names of children and their dates and places of birth
- Place of name change
- Name of person who declared the information
- Names of witnesses
Checklist records usually contain the following information:
- Name of applicant
- Place and date of birth
- Current residence
- Residency identification card number
- Name of parents, guardian or spouse
For details about the description and contents of these records, see the wiki article: Indonesia, Naturalization and Citizenship Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
For a list of record categories and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Indonesia, Jawa Tengah, Purwodadi Citizenship Records, 1960-2012." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Pengadilan Negeri Purwodadi.
How to Use the Record
To search this collection, it would be helpful to know the following information:
- Name of immigrant
- Place of residence
- Approximate year of birth
Search the Collection
To search the collection image by image select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate “Record Type”
⇒Select the appropriate “Year and Volume” which will take you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
Using the Information
When you have found the record that you are looking for, the following tactics will help you further your research:
- Use the name of the spouse to search for a marriage record for the couple.
- Use the age to calculate a birth year.
- Use the names of the parents to search for their marriage record.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
"Indonesia, Central Java, Purwodadi Citizenship Records, 1960-2011," digital images, Family Search (https://familysearch.org: accessed 26 April 2012), S.B.K.R.I > 1997-1999, no. ln > image 25 of 880, Liem Hok Nio, application for proof of citizenship dated 2 January 1997; citing Lembaga Silsilah Indonesia, Citizenship and Naturalization Records, Purwodadi.