Iosco County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Iosco County Courthouse
422 W Lake St.
P. O. Box 838
Tawas City, MI 48764-0838
Phone: (989) 362-3497
County Clerk has birth records from 1867, marriage records from 1862,
deathrecords from 1868, burial records 1961-1978, divorce and court
records from 1859 and naturalization records 1859-1906.
1840--Iosco County was created 1 April 1840 from unorganized territory. It was formerly Kanotin County, until the name changed 8 March 1843. It was attached to Mackinac, Saginaw, and Cheboygan Counties prior to organization 16 February 1857. County seat: Tawas City 
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Huron Shores Genealogical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
1. "The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America", 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found