Iredell County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Iredell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||November 3, 1788|
Iredell County Courthouse
221 East Water St
P O Box 904
Statesville, NC 28677
(Courthouse Burned in 1854)
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage and death, burial and land records
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1820 and court records from 1788
1852, 1854--Courthouse fires destroyed many court records.
Statesville (county seat)
IREDELL MEMORIAL GARDENS
For tips on accessing Iredell County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Statesville: 1910
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Templeton] Templeton, Ronald H. "Possible North Carolina/South Carolina Templeton Relationships," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 35, No. 3 (Summer 2007):123-130. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 35 Presents discoveries of previously unknown kinships based on the Templeton DNA study.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- -4th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- -7th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- -11th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- Iredell County people in NC Newspapers - name listing of people from the county as located in misc. newspaper articles; time span varies. Articles indexed in the NC People in the Papers database.
- Iredell County newspapers - a listing of newspapers published in the county & libraries that hold them; via the Library of Congress. If you find a paper of interest on microfilm, you may be able to request it via Interlibrary Loan with your local public library.
- Statesville Record and Landmark - current newspaper of Statesville
- Mooresville Tribune - another current paper
- Pre-1790 - Pre-1790 Iredell County, North Carolina Genealogy Wills stored at the North Carolina State Archives are online - free. Website tips.
- 1790-1965 - Will Books 1 to 19 (1790-1965) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Lake Norman North Carolina Family History Center (Mooresville)
- Statesville North Carolina Family History Center
- Iredell County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Iredell County, North Carolina. Page 510 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.